Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend in Rewind: 10/8 - 10/10

Yet another fast-paced and fun weekend has come and gone! Aside from Sunday afternoon football there wasn't a whole lot of down time all weekend!

Friday: This past Friday started out low-key, but ended up being more exciting than I had planned. The Mrs. and I went to P.F. Chang's and had a very filling dinner - lettuce wraps, hot & sour soup (absolutely nasty - smelled like barn), a chicken entree and a small dessert! Great stuff. The plan after dinner was to go back home and catch up on some DVR'd shows from the week, but my friend, Matt, was having a bonfire at his house - see above actual photo of the event - Yes...that is Dan in the middle. The Mrs. opted to stay back and work on homework for the evening as she was a little behind from her busy week (such a fun Friday night), but I decided to go and have fun for both of us. The bonfire was a blast - it was great to catch up with friends and have a few drinks in the process!

Saturday: Saturday was family day! Woot! My Mom, sister (and her two kids) and brother & his wife all stopped up in the Grove for the afternoon. Since it was such a gorgeous day on Saturday we took the kids to the park to burn off some energy - probably could have stayed another hour or two to burn off some more! I cannot believe how much energy kids have...I wish I had half of it some days! Anyway, after the park we all came back to our place to cool off and relax a bit. We played a really fun board game - The Settlers of Catan, which is sort of a Risk-esk type game. We never did finish it since we had to go to dinner, but in hindsight it was probably a good thing since I was getting owned :(  Dinner on Saturday was at Broadway Pizza - they have such amazing pizza and an even better dessert - the deep dish cookie! Mmmmm! If you are ever in the Grove and craving pizza you have to go there...and invite me! After dinner we got to relax a bit and catch up on our TV from the week --- "The Event" (on NBC) is getting really, really good!

Sunday: Sunday was very typical for The Mrs. and I - she worked pretty much all day on homework and I watched football (I was hoping the Chiefs were going to upset the Colts) and putzed on my computer a bit. We took a few breaks and stopped out at Target and walked around Arbor Lakes for a little bit - it was so nice out again on Sunday that we had to enjoy the weather a little bit! Sunday evening, of course, we watched "The Amazing Race" and went to bed a little early since The Mrs. was feeling a little under the weather and I was getting frustrated at watching my Fantasy Football team lose...again :( Dang Sad Panda's beating up on my Swamp Donkeys!

Hopefully everyone was able to get out and enjoy the nice weather this past weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment