Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fantasy (aka Nightmare) Football?

There is definitely a lot going on in the world of sports today...especially if you live in Minnesota. The Twins have their first playoff match vs. the Yankees (boo!) tonight at Target Field and Randy Moss may be coming back to the Vikings! Yes you heard that correctly, Moss may sport the purple and gold once again! Apparently there are talks between the Patriots and the Vikings to bring randy Moss back to MN! Ah yes...who can forget the famous Randy Moss moon stunt during a playoff game with Green Bay? Priceless.

Even more important than the Twins and Vikings news is that of my floundering Fantasy Football team - the Swamp Donkeys! Hee haw! I know what you are thinking..."with a team name like Swamp Donkeys, how are you not winning?" Simple, my opponents are racking up unprecedented scores for their teams. Take for example this last weeks match up. My Donks played my Dad's team. Going into Monday night I was leading by about 15 points. We each had one "player" left to play; I had my quarterback and he had his defense. Typically a quarterback will score you between 15 - 20 points and a defense will get you about 10-15 points. I slept well that night thinking I had this weeks match up in the bag. I awoke the next morning to disappointment, Dad had beaten my team...and handily!

Swamp Donkey team logo
When I logged on to ESPN that morning I honestly thought the website was wrong - it reported that his defense had scored 33 points! 33 points!!! After I realized that the score was wrong I acknowledged my defeat and headed into work. This loss put the Swamp Donkey's record at 1-3...the lowest in our FF league. To add insult to injury on my way to volleyball last night I get a call from Dad. Guess what he wanted? To console me on my loss? To give me words of encouragement for my next game? Oh no...he just wanted to rub it in my face a little bit :)

Mark my words: The Swamp Donkeys are going to break out this week and have a stellar rest of the season! We are moving out of the swamp and into the pond! Go Pond Donkeys?!?

0 comments:

Post a Comment