Thursday, October 21, 2010

To the Lucky Few

I realized today just how luck some of you people are...yes, you - the "I'm so luck that my eyes are perfect," the "oh, look at me I can see without glasses or contacts" and "hey, it's me...the guy that isn't blind as a bat - ha!" Ugh...today has been an interesting day for me from a vision point of view.

I work up this morning like I have for the past 20-odd years, tired, hungry and unofficially blind. My normal routine is to take a shower, put in my contacts, shave, etc. etc. Well today was different. When I put in my contacts they seemed blurry - nothing too alarming - so I put in a new pair, but still blurry. At this point I tried not to worry so I just put on my glasses for the day thinking that my eyes were just tired. Well, it is nearly 11:00 now and my eyes are still slightly blurry, but getting better...

It is because of times like these that you people who don't have to wear corrective lenses are so lucky! I mean seriously...do you ever have to worry about...

* Remembering to pack extra contacts for a trip
* Bringing your glasses every time you stay somewhere overnight
* Being able to see our way to the bathroom in the middle of the night
* Being able to see your computer monitor at work
* Getting attacked by a 3 foot 2 inch midget in the middle of the night and not being able to tell if the attacker is a small person or a large rodent?!?!

If you don't wear glasses you need to take this piece of advice - eat plenty of carrots...apparently they are supposed to be good for the eyes! Oh and keeping some rodent repellent around the house may not be a bad idea either - I am sure it works well on midgets too!

Now where did I put those glasses....

1 comment: