Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday 5 - 10.15 --- Movies

It has been a while since my last trip to the movie theater and lately I have been getting movie fever! Below is my current list of movies that I want to see (some are not in the theater anymore). Enjoy!

5 Movies I Want to See:

1 - Red: Action - Comedy. Starring Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich & Helen Mirren. These four cast members used to be former top CIA agents with a vast knowledge of government secrets. These former agents are currently retired from the CIA, but are framed for an assassination and must reassemble their former team in order to discover who framed them. Once the team is assembled they attempt to break into CIA's headquarters to clear their name all while discovering a huge government conspiracy! In my opinion, the movie has a great cast, it looks genuinely funny and entertaining! I can't wait to see it!

2 - Salt: Action - Mystery - Thriller. Starring Angelina Jolie. While Evelyn Salt (Jolie), a current CIA agent, is interrogating a Russian operative she is accused for being an undercover Russian spy. The spy she was interrogating escapes from the facility causing the CIA to place suspicion on her and her credibility. Fearing capture, etc. Salt flees from the CIA in order to clear her name. Though the premise may sound similar to "Red" the two movies are actually quite different. "Salt" is a serious movie filled with action and suspense and I cannot wait to check it out!

3 - Robin Hood: Action - Adventure - Drama. Starring Russell Crowe. We all know the story of Robin Hood and we have probably all seen a version of the story sometime or another. The last Robin Hood movie I saw starred Kevin Costner. Now, I understand that some people really do not like Costner as an actor and thought he did a terrible job in the movie, but I kinda liked it. From the previews I have seen I feel like Crowe will bring a more action-packed and rugged feel to the merry old tale of men in tights! I think this new Robin Hood will be an improvement on its predecessor and I am hoping to not be disappointed!

4 - Due Date: Comedy. Starring Robert Downey Jr. & Zach Galifianakis. In the movie, father-to-be Peter Highman (Downey Jr.) is left without a car on his way to see his wife give birth. For some reason he in on a no-fly list so he is forced to hitch a ride with an aspiring actor Ethan Tremblay (Galifianakis) on a road trip in order to make it to his child's birth on time. The plot doesn't make the movie sound that great, but the previews look hilarious. If you enjoyed "The Hangover" I think you will enjoy this! Galigianakis plays a similar character as in "The Hangover" - sort of the village idiot type.

5 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1: Action - Adventure - Fantasy - Mystery. Starring Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint & Ralph Fiennes. Wait, wait, wait!!! Before you hit the close button on your internet browser hear me out! If you haven't seen these movies then you have no right to criticize. I know these movies are not everyone's favorite, but I assure you that the movies (and books) get much better after the first two. The movies get much more action-packed, serious and less kid-like. In short this movie is all about Harry finding certain items (Horcruxes) in order to defeat the man that killed his parents, devastated his world and has currently taken power over the wizarding government. I am glad to see that the franchise has kept the same director as the last few movies as I feel he has made the movies much more adult-friendly. The movies continue to get more serious, action-packed and simply more entertaining!

What movies are you looking forward to watching?

1 comment:

  1. I watched Salt last night and though I found the killing to be a little much, I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete