Wednesday, September 15, 2010

You Betcha I'm Cold!

To quote my wife: "Dear Minnesota: It is still summer. Please return the warm weather and save this nasty stuff for when it is winter or at least late fall. Thank you."

I couldn't have said it better myself! Two weeks ago, around State Fair time, when it started to cool down I shrugged off the cooler weather thinking that it would pass and we would be back to warm summer weather. I was wrong...oh so wrong! 

Fall technically doesn't start until September, 22 so it would have been nice to have another 2-3 weeks of summer-like weather. 2-3 more weeks of riding a bike without a light jacket, wearing shorts and a t-shirt, eating ice cream without freezing my bum off or just going to a Twins game without a blanket! Summer in Minnesota is so short as it is that we Minnesotans tend to cram in as many activities as possible in order to take advantage of the warmth; I know I did! This, of course, makes the summer go by even faster. *tear*

I guess my only option of experiencing another week or two of "summer weather" would be to put on some shorts, turn up the heat to 90 degrees, open the patio door, grab a lawn chair, a cold beer and feel the heat!

Viva summer!

1 comment:

  1. Good post, babe! I really wish it warm up at least one more time before we must hunker down for the cold.

    ReplyDelete