Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend in Rewind: 9/10-9/12

Given the extremely busy August The Mrs. and I had I am surprised to hear myself say these words: this past weekend was very relaxing! Though I love to be busy, it was nice to have time move slower for once.

Friday night was great! Our original plan was to have a nice dinner at Houlihan's and then catch a movie - "Dinner for Schmucks." We did manage to make it to Houlihan's and as usual the food was great! We never did make it to the movie, because my good buddy (Justin) and his wife were in town randomly from Las Vegas! So naturally when friends from out of town come to visit you hang out at...yes! Chucky Cheese! No, I am not making this up; we literally hung out at CC for about 1.5 hours or so just catching up on our lives. I should mention that us four adults didn't just go into CC, rather we were there because Justin was also with his sister and nephews who wanted their CC fix. It was a great time!

Saturday was interesting for a number of reasons. I am currently in the process of getting new contacts and lenses for my glasses and because of this I had to see my optometrist on Saturday morning for a pupil dilation and pressure check. Since I had my eyes dilated I couldn't wear my contacts for 24 hours, which meant I had to wear my glasses all day - so what? Well, with my pupils dilated my eyes basically burned when I looked at the sun not to mention it was difficult to see in my glasses since the prescription was old. Needless to say I looked really cool at the Gopher football game with my glasses under my sunglasses while wearing a hat. In the end I guess it didn't matter since the Gophers gave a lackluster performance on Saturday (see my previous post). That was my Saturday morning - optometrist, Gopher game and blinding light (sounds like a soap opera). The rest of the day I played some Starcraft II while The Mrs. did her homework. Oh I guess I also had the fortune to be the cab driver for The Mrs. and her friend for their girls night at Toby Keith's bar...good times...good times.


Sunday was very laid back. I watched lots of football, cheered for my fantasy football players (who will most likely lose tonight unless my defense can get 11 points) and putzed on my computer a little more. We also managed to fit in a Target run around 3:00 or so - gotta love Target! Needless to say Sunday was great - time went slowly and I was able to relax!

You know...listing out all of the things I did this weekend makes it seem like I was actually pretty busy. At least it felt like a long, relaxing weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being Michelle's and my taxi driver. I really appreciated it!!! Glad you had a fun, but relaxing (despite it sounding busy) weekend =)

    ReplyDelete