Monday, September 27, 2010

Waiting in Anticipation - Halloween

Lately, it seems as though I have been waiting in anticipation for one thing after another! Last weekend I couldn't wait for the new fall TV series' to start ("The Amazing Race" was great last night, btw). This week I couldn't wait for my new cell phone to arrive (also great). Now, I cannot wait for Halloween to arrive! No, I am not looking forward to even cooler weather than we are currently experiencing, but I cannot wait for all the fun Halloween activities to start!

Trick or Treating
Before you go there, no, I do not trick or treat anymore - I gave that up last year tyvm :P These last few years have been great in the trick or treat department. Since The Mrs. and I are a little too old now we have settled on handing out candy at her grandma's. It is actually a lot of fun - we get to see all the little kiddies in their outfits AND we get to dress up the dog (Shih Tzu) in her Halloween outfit! Last year she was a bee I think!

Halloween Parties
Going out on Halloween is so much fun; especially if you are downtown! Not only are the people really excited to be out, but the majority of them are even dressed up in costumes! I believe last year (or the year before) the big costumes were Joker from the new Batman Movie and Flo from the Progressive Insurance commercials. Amanda and I dressed up as a cowgirl and soccer player - we had a lot of fun! Oh and having a close friend with a birthday on Halloween makes things even easier!

Scary Attractions 
I haven't been to a haunted house or haunted forest in a couple of years - I am really hoping this year we can make something happen! The Mrs. and I are throwing around a few ideas of where we would like to go with a small group of people - below are my top 3 choices for this year. I am voting for Dreadwood Haunt; it sounds scary!
1) Dreadwood Haunt - Hudson, WI --- Haunted Forest
2) Trail of Terror - Shakpoee, MN --- Haunted Forest
3) Scream Town - Chaska, MN --- Haunted Village

There are only 34 more days left until Halloween - I know I can wait until then! Boo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment