Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday 5 - 9.24

In an effort to spice things up a bit I will be starting a segment for the blog! If you aren’t already excited, you should be! I’ll wait while you regain your composure. OK…good. This new segment will be called “Friday 5.” As the title suggests each Friday post will contain a list of five things. The list can and will include anything – five questions, top fives, five ideas…I think you get the idea! Enjoy!

5 things I miss about summer:
1 – Sun tan. No, I am not talking about laying out just for the sake of tanning! I am talking about getting tan over the course of the summer! I just feel that we northern MN white folk look better with a healthy glow! The saddest part of it all is that I can already tell my albinoness is returning.
2 – Sports. This past summer I was fortunate enough to be on two tennis leagues and a sand volleyball league. I love getting outdoors in the summer and getting my exercise that way!
3 – Swimming. Spending some lazy time by the pool is fine and dandy, but give me that time instead to swim and you will have one happy camper!
4 – Friday’s at work. Each Friday at work during the summer is very laid back. On a given summer day (non-close week) if I leave after 3:00 that is considered late! Thank you current work culture!
5 – Family time. My work calendar has 5 paid days of vacation in the summer. Take that, add in a few days of personal vacation, a few half-day Friday’s and you end up with a recipe for loads of summer family time! There is nothing better than spending time with family outdoors or indoors – grilling, playing lawn games, shootin’ the breeze or just relaxing!

I will take summer over any other season during the year – hands down! I will take a chance of tornadoes over a blizzard any day!

What are your summer favorites?

2 comments:

  1. I am going to miss sunlight until 9pm
    Watching the kids play in the pool
    Sitting on the deck at 10pm in shorts and a tank top enjoying a cocktail
    Being able to run/walk outside
    and grilling food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rachelle Yeah I am NOT looking forward to the sunlight going down at 5:30PM...soon we will go to and come home from work when it is dark :(

    ReplyDelete