Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend in Rewind: 11/5 - 11/7

When a bear sh^*s in the woods...that pretty much sums up the entire weekend! Thanks for reading!

OK so that definitely does NOT sum up the entire weekend, but thanks to my brother, it was definitely the running joke all weekend! Apparently it is a real joke - similar to the "If a tree falls in the woods..." joke. This past weekend was great - it was relaxing, hilarious and it was great to spend time with the family!

Just thought it was hilarious!
Friday - Dinner on Friday was amazing, but then again it is hard to not have an amazing dinner when at Broadway Pizza! Not only is their pizza great, but the dessert is to die for --- large deep-dish chocolate chip cookie with ice cream, whipped topping and chocolate drizzle...makes me hungry just thinking about it! After dinner with The Mrs. I headed up to L.Pizzle for the weekend to do some deer hunting (man grunt). I was actually dreading the ride up to L.P. since traffic on Friday evenings is usually horrendous, but to my surprise it only took me the standard 1.5 hours! Woot! woot.com  <--- check it out! Everyone was at home this weekend - my sista's (holla), brother and his wife, Dad and AJ - it was a packed house! Friday night was spent playing cards (golf) until about 11:30 or so and surprise, surprise my sister won...and she was keeping score. Funny how that works, huh? Oh so my opening quote...During cards my brother randomly said "When a bear sh^*s in the woods..." without provocation and all of us just looked at each other not knowing what to say in response...so we all just laughed and started saying it throughout the weekend at random times. Honestly though...what do you say to something like that?

Saturday - It was an early morning on Saturday - apparently deer don't sleep in on the weekends...pfff! We all woke up around 6:00 or so to be sure we were all out in our deer stands by 6:30. I can honestly say this was the most boring deer hunt for me yet - not only was I cold, but I literally heard nothing and saw nothing all weekend...and no, blowing leaves do not count! Heck, I would have taken seeing squirrels like my sister did in her deer stand! Speaking of which, apparently she saw quite a few squirrels and one even hissed at her while she was out there!

Once everyone got back in the morning from sitting in the cold we had brunch and played some Settlers of Catan and a little Mario Brothers on the Wii until we went back out that evening. Playing the Wii was intense - my sister-in-law pretty much pwned us in the game - she is one aggressive Mario player; you honestly don't want to cross her in-game...she will kick you off the cliff - no lie. Again I saw and heard nothing when I went back out to the deer stand on Saturday night, but I was able to get a few games of Sudoku in before it got too cold :P

Sunday - Sunday morning I didn't go out to the stand on account of me being annoyed with the deer...I opted to sleep in instead. We went to Mom's for lunch and watched a little bit of the Vikings game - SKOL Vikings! I also tried my hand at putting up Mom's outside Christmas lights. I am sure it would have been a show watching me up on the roof, but if I do say so myself the lights turned out pretty good! It was worth the effort too...I got some sweet pickles for my efforts - score!

This weekend was great! It was relaxing, hilarious and very entertaining! I also got to see my very pregnant sister before she has her baby (she is due today) - I am guessing she has a boy! Hopefully everyone else had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. LOL - it was a great weekend...love the picture by the way...reminds me of Emily :)

    We need to get together more often! Good times

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachelle I'm glad that picture reminds you of me!!lol I do agree we need to get together more often!

    ReplyDelete