Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Conan is Back!

For the past seven months, Conan O'Brien fans (Team Coco) have been waiting in anticipation for Monday's premiere of Conan's new show on TBS - Conan. Over the past month or two there has been an all out media blitz to advertise for Conan's new show...so unless you have been living under a rock you more than likely have seen one of Conan's hilarious commercial's! But was all the advertising and all the hype worth it? Will Conan's move to TBS and his battle with NBC pay out?

According to the TV ratings people Conan drew in 4.15 million viewers for his premiere Monday night. In comparison, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno regularly averages 3.5 million viewers and The Late Show with David Letterman follows with 3.4 million - and these are normal nights, not premiere nights.I highly doubt these numbers will continue for Conan, especially since his show is on basic cable and not a major network like NBC.

Numbers aside one question remains - was Conan funny? In my opinion, yes. Granted there were moments of slight boredom and I really question his choice for his first guest...no not the nutcracker lady, but in general the show felt more like the old Conan - he seemed more relaxed and the jokes seems less restricted.

The best part of the show was definitely the opening video and monologue. The pre-taped video of Conan getting fired from NBC and the "path" he took to get to TBS was hilarious! The best part of the video was when the NBC goons opened fire on him - good times. The interview segments were solid and funny, though I still question his choice for the first guest. His first interviewed guest was Seth Rogen and I thought this was a horrible choice! Don't get me wrong, Seth has some funn...well...he has some movies and I guess he is famous, but I think the show could have done better. With all the hype for the show I think they should have brought a bigger star for opening night - I mean Tom Hanks is on night #2 - he would have been better for opening night!

Other than Seth Rogen I thought the show was great! I hope everyone keeps watching and I hope the show stays true to Conan's humor! If you watched Monday night what did you think?

Go Conan!
Team Coco

0 comments:

Post a Comment