Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday 5 - Disney

So The Mrs. and I were watching the news this morning before work and we saw a commercial for Tangled - a new Disney movie coming out this fall/winter (I think). Anyway, on my drive into work today it got me thinking of my favorite Disney movies growing up as a kid.

Top 5 Favorite Disney Movies:

1 -  The Jungle Book: I absolutely loved this movie as a kid! Baloo and Bagheera were definitely my favorite characters! I watched this movie over and over as a kid! The TV spin-off Tale Spin based on Baloo was my favorite TV show as a kid...da da da Tale Spin!

2 -  Toy Story I: The original Toy Story was such a great movie! not only was the movie hilarious, but it also had a great story and great voice acting! Thank you Tom Hanks!

3Aladdin: Aladdin is right up there with Toy Story & The Jungle Book in my opinion! Robin Williams was hilarious as the genie and what more could a kid want than an action-packed animated file that granted the hero wishes to defeat the evil Jafar?

4The Lion King: Of course The Lion King made the list - I mean who honestly doesn't like this movie? If you don't you probably don't have a soul...might want to get that checked out :-/   Seriously though this movie was great! My favorite scene was when Simba was trapped in the gorge hanging from the tree as the wildebeests (?) stampeded below! Scary!!!

5Robin Hood: Though not as well known of a Disney film such as Aladdin or Cinderella I still really liked the movie Robin Hood and I still like all Robin Hood movies to this date...yes, even the one with Kevin Costner and the new one with Russell Crowe.



What were your favorite Disney movies growing up?

3 comments:

  1. Definitely all-time favorite is Cinderella!

    Here are my faves:

    1.) Cinderella - oh to go to a ball! I wish I could someday go to a fancy ball (hint, hint -- you know what I am talking about, Jay)
    2.) Aladdin - I wanted to be Princess Jasmine SO BADLY!!!!
    3.) Beauty and the Beast - I loved Chip!
    4.) Peter Pan
    5.) Toy Story I

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched Robin Hood last night!!!! The one with Kevin Coster....that is one of my most favorite movies ever! I typically wouldn't go out of my way to rent or pay at a movie theater to watch a disney movie, but I can't help but like Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, the Little Mermaid and Happy Feet (not sure that was a Disney movie, but good music :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rachelle
    Oh Happy Feet IS a good movie, but I don't think it is a Disney movie. Time to listen to the soundtrack :P

    ReplyDelete