Monday, January 10, 2011

The Best Thing About Modern Birthdays!

Email Freebies!

I am not talking about those stupid emails you get that say something like "ZOMG take this survey and get a free iPod, iPad and $1,000,000!" No, I am talking about the emails you get by signing up on a company's website - Starbucks and The Cheesecake Factory, for example.

I discovered the joys of birthday freebies from Caribou Coffee a couple of years ago. I was browsing Caribou's websites to see what drinks they had and I saw a link that said something like "Register with Caribou and receive a free Caribou Coffee on your birthday!" So I signed up - it was completely free and sure enough on my birthday I received an email with a coupon for a free coffee - any type and any size!

Needless to say ever since that moment I have signed up to some of my favorite spots - Caribou, Starbucks, Dunn Bros, The Cheesecake Factory, Buca's, Cold Stone Creamery, The Melting Pot and The Old Spaghetti Factory. Yeah...I know...that's a lot of places, but trust me I don't go to each place every year...except for the coffee places! I am going to be so amped up this evening...lol! The one downside from signing up for this kind of thing is that every once and a while (like twice a year or something) I get emails form these places asking me to check out their new menu items...yawn.

If you have never signed up for something like this then you are missing out! After all, who doesn't like a free coffee form their favorite coffee place each year on their birthday?!?!

1 comment:

  1. What did you get from the Cheesecake Factory for it being your birthday? I had no idea you signed up for that many places. The Melting Pot? Did they give anything good? When do they all expire?

    ReplyDelete