Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cookie Decorating...PARTY?!?!

Who doesn't like a good Christmas party? Who doesn't like a good Christmas cookie decorating party? Yep...you read that correctly - Christmas cookie decorating party (from now on just called CCDP)! Don't worry, when Amanda asked me to join her on Tuesday for the CCDP I was a little very skeptical. I mean how manly is that...decorating Christmas cookies when I could be at home playing some Dragon Age! Grrr! But in all seriousness it was a VERY fun night! Emma - Amanda's law school friend - held a very nice party. She had plenty of food to munch on throughout the evening and plenty to drink - our favorite was the coffee with a hint of gingerbread liqueur topped with whipped cream...amazing!

Here are some of the cookies that were decorated on Tuesday (all but 2 are mine). These are just a few of the cookies decorated on Tuesday...there had to be close to 100 or more cookies in total that we (i.e. everyone) decorated. Amanda and I left around 9:30 and there were still a good 40 cookies still to go. The best (or worst if you were Emma) was that Emma had an 8 hour final the next day! Yikes!

Enjoy!


Ok...so this was my attempt at Ironman. I KNOW Ironman doesn't have a big "I" on his chest, but I had to call him out somehow! Look at his glowing hands...just like Ironman! The frosting kind of dripped :( It looked amazing in my mind!
Second attempt - NINJA!!! Admit it...this is an AMAZING ninja! Look at the headband and throwing stars in his hands!
Keeping with the superhero theme I ATTEMPTED Batman...yeah the bat symbol didn't work out so I just squeezed some yellow frosting for belt. Again...it looked good in my mind.
These two were my favorite - you probably guessed...I didn't make these two :P Emma's sister made these two. Pirate and girl in a yellow polka dot bikini!
This was my "artistic" cookie. It is the sun within the moon! I know you like it...admit it!
These were made by Joe (Amanda's friend's boyfriend). I thought the Viking horn was very well done! Way to go, Joe! - said in the voice of Joe Mauer's mom.
My "Ho ho ho" heart. I thought this was one of my better cookies.
Comet had a little accident on one of his deliveries :( Don't worry we got him to the vet right away and he survived!









0 comments:

Post a Comment